,

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Sleep...what is that?

I've been really lucky throughout this entire pregnancy - no swelling, good blood pressure, decent energy, and normal weight gain. However, the last several days the uncomfortableness of my beach ball size belly has really started making daily activities difficult. For instance, putting on socks and shoes takes A LOT of effort. Even getting in and out of my car has become quite a feat...I feel like I need a forklift to lift me in and pull me out!! But, last night was definitely not fun.

I tried to turn in around 11:30, but sleep managed to evade me until 5:15 this morning. If it wasn't Braxton Hicks contractions or earthquake size baby hiccups, it was JT snoring or Hagen barking. I was miserable...so much so I actually thought about getting out an old law school book to see if reading it would put me to sleep...that always did the trick when I was in school! I decided against it though thinking it might potentially give me a nightmare. (I've had a reoccurring dream since I've been pregnant that I'm still in school and I've missed a final...someone please interpret that for me!)

Enough of my whining and complaining though. Things could be much worse. My poor grandmother is stuck in the hospital right now recovering from hip surgery. I'm complaining about a few hours of missed sleep, but my Mom and Memaw are going on days without sleep. Memaw will have a long and painful recovery ahead. Please say a little prayer for both she and my mother.

With the arrival of a new baby and a loved one in the hospital, I would almost wager a bet that we are all going to be walking zombies fairly soon...

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes, zombie days are close at hand. :) I totally feel you about needing a forklift to get out of the car. I made Woody start taking the car so I could drive the Tahoe towards the end. I'll say a prayer for your mom and grandmother. Man, your mom is really going to be a zombie after taking care of both of the women in her life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The day you were born was the best day of my life. Now, you've experienced the same feeling. He's your everything and always will be. Thank you and JT for sharing the birth with GeeGee. I am so grateful and proud of my new grandson and his mama and daddy. You will be wonderful parents. Cole is a lucky little boy. Now, post some pics of the handsome baby.

    ReplyDelete